1. Casimir effect and topological mass. Physical Review D 21 (1980) 928-932.
2. Symmetry breaking and mass generation by spacetime topology. Physical Review D 21 (1980) 2805-2817.
3. Interacting twisted and untwisted scalar fields in a nonsimply connected spacetime. Annals of Physics ( N. Y. ) 129 (1980) 334-357.
4. Scalar electrodynamics in a nonsimply connected spacetime. Physics Letters A 77 (1980) 303-306.
5. Vacuum stability and symmetry breaking in non-Minkowskian space-times. Physical Review D 25 (1982) 2536-2547; erratum, Physical Review D26 (1982) 958.
6. Spontaneous symmetry breaking in curved space-time. In Quantum Structure of Space and Time, edited by M. J. Duff and C. J. Isham. Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, 1982) 117-129.
7. (With L. H. Ford) Dynamical symmetry breaking due to radiative corrections in cosmology. Physical Review D 25 (1982) 1510-1518.
8. Renormalization of interacting scalar field theories in curved space-time. Physical Review D 26 (1982) 2713-2729.
9. (With R. Laura) Twisted Goldstone models. Journal of Physics A 15 (1982) 3725-3736.
10. (With M. J. Duff) Kaluza-Klein kounterterms. In Unification of the Fundamental Particle Interactions II, edited by J. Ellis and S. Ferrara. (Plenum, New York, 1983) 29-60.
11. Background-field method and the renormalization of nonabelian gauge theories in curved space-time. Physical Review D 27 (1983) 37-40.
12. The effective action and the renormalization group equation in curved space-time. Physics Letters B 126 (1983) 37-40.
13. Spatial topology and gauge field instabilities. Physics Letters B 126 (1983) 445-450.
14. Induced Einstein-Maxwell action in Kaluza-Klein theory. Physics Letters B 129 (1983) 31-35.
15. (With M. J. Duff) Divergences and anomalies in Kaluza-Klein theories. In Quantum Gravity, edited by M. A. Markov and P. C. West. Plenum (New York, 1984) 431-461.
16. (With L. Parker) Effective couplings of grand unified theories in curved spacetime. Physical Review Letters 52 (1984) 1269-1271.
17. (With L. Parker) Renormalization group analysis of grand unified theories in curved space-time. Physical Review D 29 (1984) 1584-1608.
18. (With M. A. Awada) Induced Einstein-Hilbert-Yang-Mills action from quantum effects in generalized Kaluza-Klein theory. Physics Letters B 135 (1984) 283-287.
19. Kaluza-Klein theories. In An Introduction to Kaluza-Klein Theories, edited by H. C. Lee. World Scientific (Singapore, 1984) 185-232.
20. (With M. A. Awada) Induced gravitational and gauge field actions from quantized matter fields in non-abelian Kaluza-Klein theory. Nuclear Physics B245 (1984) 161-188.
21. (With L. Parker) Gravity and grand unified theories. General Relativity and Gravitation 17 (1985) 167-171.
22. (With P. C. W. Davies) Boundary effects and the massless limit of the photon. Physical Review D 31 (1985) 1363-1369.
23. (With L. Parker) New form for the Feynman propagator, or heat kernel, in curved spacetime. Physical Review D 31 (1985) 953-956.
24. (With E. J. Copeland) Quantized antisymmetric tensor fields and self-consistent dimensional reduction in higher-dimensional spacetimes. Nuclear Physics B 255 (1985) 201-230.
25. (With L. Parker) Explicit curvature dependence of coupling constants. Physical Review D 31 (1985) 2424-2438.
26. (With S. R. Huggins) Self-consistent dimensional reduction in five-dimensional gravity. Physics Letters B 153 (1985) 247-250.
27. (With L. Parker) Renormalization group and nonlocal terms in the curved spacetime effective action : weak-field results. Physical Review D32 (1985) 1409-1420.
28. (With E. J. Copeland) Stability of self-consistent higher-dimensional cosmological solutions. Physical Review D 32 (1985) 1921-1927.
29. (With S. R. Huggins) Quantum effects in five-dimensional Kaluza-Klein theory. Nuclear Physics B 263 (1986) 433-457.
30. (With E. J. Copeland) The conformal anomaly in higher dimensions. Classical and Quantum Gravity 3 (1986) 431-442.
31. The importance of quantum effects in Kaluza-Klein theory. Canadian Journal of Physics 64 (1986) 644-652.
32. (With G. Kunstatter) On the consistency of self-consistent dimensional reduction. Canadian Journal of Physics 64 (1986) 641-643.
33. The functional measure for quantum field theory in curved spacetime. Physical Review D 35 (1987) 3796-3803.
34. (With S. R. Huggins, G. Kunstatter and H. P. Leivo) Unique effective action in five-dimensional Kaluza-Klein theory. Physical Review Letters58 (1987) 296-298.
35. (With L. Parker) Renormalization group methods in curved spacetime. In Quantum Field Theory and Quantum Statistics, Volume 2, edited by I. A. Batalin, C. J. Isham, and G. A. Vilkovisky. (Adam Hilger, Bristol, 1987) 89-100.
36. The functional measure in quantum field theory. In Super Field Theories, edited by H. C. Lee, V. Elias, G. Kunstatter, R. B. Mann, and K. S. Vishwanathan. (Plenum, New York, 1987) 495-502.
37. (With I. H. Russell) Vacuum energy for massive forms in . Classical and Quantum Gravity 4 (1987) 1357-1367.
38. (With S. R. Huggins) One-graviton exchange interaction of non-minimally coupled scalar fields. Classical and Quantum Gravity 4 (1987) 1509-1513.
39. The effective action : A geometrical approach to quantum field theory. In Proceedings of the Second Canadian Conference on General Relativity and Relativistic Astrophysics, edited by A. Coley, C. Dyer, and T. Tupper. (World Scientific, Singapore, 1988) 148-201.
40. (With H. Luckock and I. G. Moss) Polyakov strings in background fields : Wave functions and quantum cosmology. Nuclear Physics B 297 (1988) 748-764.
41. (With S. R. Huggins, G. Kunstatter and H. P. Leivo) The Vilkovisky-DeWitt effective action for quantum gravity. Nuclear Physics B 301 (1988) 627- 660.
42. (With P. Ellicott) On the new effective action in quantum field theory. Nuclear Physics B 312 (1989) 700-714.
43. (With R. Kobes and G. Kunstatter) The Vilkovisky-DeWitt effective action : Placebo or panacea ? In TeV Physics : Proceedings of the Johns Hopkins Workshop on Current Problems in Particle Theory 12, edited by G. Domokos and S. Kovesi-Domokos. (World Scientific, Singapore, 1988) 73 - 109.
44. (With I. H. Russell) Field parametrization dependence of the effective action in scalar electrodynamics. Physical Review D 39 (1989) 1735-1742.
45. (With P. Ellicott) Grassmannian Kaluza-Klein theory. Classical and Quantum Gravity 6 (1989) 1033-1040.
46. (With P. Ellicott and G. Kunstatter) Geometrical derivation of the Faddeev-Popov ansatz. Modern Physics Letters A 4 (1989) 2397-2407.
47. (With I. H. Russell) Symmetry breaking around cosmic strings. Classical and Quantum Gravity 6 (1989) 1343-1349.
48. (With M. Burgess) One loop flux breaking by massive fields. Physics Letters B 234 (1990) 97-102.
49. (With M. Burgess) Fractional statistics and the dynamical gauge symmetry of Yang-Mills-Chern-Simons theory. Physics Letters B 252 (1990) 596-600.
50. (With M. Burgess) The vacuum structure of Yang-Mills-Chern-Simons theory in three dimensions. Physical Review Letters 64 (1990) 1639-1642.
51. (With S. D. Odintsov and I. L. Shapiro) Asymptotic freedom versus asymptotic finiteness. Modern Physics Letters A 10 (1991) 1829-1834.
52. (With P. Ellicott and G. Kunstatter) Geometrical interpretation of the functional measure for supersymmetric gauge theories and of the gauge invariant effective action. Annals of Physics (N.Y.) 205 (1991) 70-109.
53. (With M. Burgess) Two loop stability of gauge vacua and topological symmetry breaking of gauge theories on . Annals of Physics (N.Y.) 210 (1991) 438-463.
54. (With M. Burgess and A. McLachlan) Gauge vacua in Yang-Mills-Chern-Simons theory on tori and projective spaces. Physical Review D 43 (1991) 1956-1964.
55. (With J. Balakrishnan) Gauge-independent effective action for quantum electrodynamics in Euclidean de Sitter space. Physics Letters B269 (1991) 339-344.
56. (With I. G. Moss and A. Wright) The effective action at finite temperature. Physical Review D 46 (1992) 1671-1679.
57. (With J. Balakrishnan) Gauge-independent effective potential for minimally coupled quantum fields in curved space. Physical Review D 46 (1992) 4413-4420.
58. Bose-Einstein condensation in relativistic systems in curved space as symmetry breaking. Physical Review Letters 69 (1992) 1152-1155.
59. (With R. Epp and G. Kunstatter) Path integral quantization of scalar QED. Physical Review D 47 (1993) 2474-2482.
60. Bose-Einstein condensation as symmetry breaking in curved spacetime and in spacetimes with boundaries. Physical Review D 47 (1993) 2483-2496.
61. (With M. Burgess and A. McLachlan) Dynamics of magnetic fields in Maxwell, Yang-Mills and Chern-Simons theories on the torus. International Journal of Modern Physics A 8 (1993) 2623-2682.
62. (With M. Burgess and N. Tveten) Is there a phase transition in Maxwell-Chern-Simons theory ? Physical Review D 48 (1994) 1808-1820.
63. (With G. J. Huish) Generalized vacuum solutions for interacting twisted scalar fields on the torus. Physical Review D 50 (1994) 4015-4021.
64. (With G. J. Huish) Renormalization of interacting scalar field theory in three dimensional curved spacetime. Physical Review D 49 (1994) 6767-6777.
65. (With J. Goodison) No generalized statistics from dynamics in curved spacetime. Physical Review Letters 71 (1994) 3240-3242.
66. (With J. Goodison) The canonical partition function for quons. Physics Letters A 195 (1994) 38-42.
67. Effective action approach to Bose-Einstein condensation and superconductivity of a charged ideal nonrelativistic Bose gas. Physical Review B 50 (1994) 3120-3128.
68. Bose-Einstein condensation of a charged relativistic ideal gas in a general homogeneous magnetic field. Physical Review D 50 (1994) 6457-6468.
69. Weak field superconductivity for relativistic charged gases. Physical Review D 51 (1995) 1895-1902.
70. Bose-Einstein condensation in a general static homogeneous magnetic field and the effective action : The nonrelativistic ideal gas. Physical Review D 51 (1995) 1886-1894.
71. Bose-Einstein condensation in a general homogeneous magnetic field is impossible in any spatial dimension. Physics Letters B 343 (1995) 259-262.
72. (With K. Kirsten) Bose-Einstein condensation for interacting scalar fields in curved spacetime. Physical Review D 51 (1995) 6886-6900.
73. (With K. Kirsten) Simple criterion for the occurrence of Bose-Einstein condensation. Physics Letters B 368 (1996) 119-123.
74. (With J. D. Smith) Bose-Einstein condensation as symmetry breaking in compact curved spacetimes. Physical Review D 53 (1996) 5771-5780.
75. (With K. Kirsten) Effective action approach to Bose-Einstein condensation of ideal gases, Journal of Research of the National Institute of Standards and Technology 101 (1996) 471-486.
76. (With K. Kirsten) Density of states for Bose-Einstein condensation in harmonic oscillator potentials. Physics Letters A 222 (1996) 148-151.
77. (With K. Kirsten) Bose-Einstein condensation of atomic gases in a general harmonic oscillator confining potential trap. Physical Review A54 (1996) 4188-4203.
78. The effective action at finite temperature and density. In Field Theoretical Methods in Fundamental Physics, edited by Choonkyu Lee (Mineumsa, Seoul, 1997) 17-107.
79. (With G. B. Standen) Bose-Einstein condensation of the magnetized ideal Bose gas. Physics Letters A 239 (1998) 401-405.
80. (With K. Kirsten) Bose-Einstein condensation under external conditions. Physics Letters A 243 (1998) 137-141.
81. (With J. J. McKenzie-Smith) Zeta-function regularization, the multiplicative anomaly,and finte temperature quantum field theory. Physical Review D 58 (1998) 105001-1-105001-10.
82. (With K. Kirsten) Bose-Einstein condensation in arbitrarily shaped cavities. Physical Review E 59 (1999) 158-167.
83. (With G. B. Standen) Statistical mechanics of non-relativistic charged particles in a constant magnetic field. Physical Review E 60 (1999) 5275-5286.
84. (With J. M. B. Noronha) The specific heat of a trapped Fermi gas. Physics Letters A 267 (2000) 276-280.
85. (With A. Flachi) Measurability of the non-minimal scalar coupling constant. Physics Letters B 478 (2000) 280-284.
86. Quantised bulk scalar fields in the Randall-Sundrum compactification model. Physics Letters B 484 (2000) 149-153.
87. (With A. Flachi) Higgs mechanism in the Randall-Sundrum model. Physics Letters B 491 (2000) 157-160.
88. (With A. Flachi) Quantized bulk scalar fields in the Randall-Sundrum brane model. Nuclear Physics B 610 (2001) 144-168.
89. (With A. Flachi and I. G. Moss) Fermion vacuum energies in brane world models. Physics Letters B 518 (2001) 153-156.
90. (With A. Flachi and I. G. Moss) Quantized bulk fermions in the Randall-Sundrum brane model. Physical Review D 64 (2001) 105029.
91. Zeta-function regularization and the interacting Bose gas at low temperatures. Physical Review A 66 (2002) 013619.
92. Ground state solutions for a self-interacting scalar field confined in a cavity. Journal of Physics A 36 (2003) 5121-5134.
93. (With A. Knapman) Stress-energy tensor for a quantized bulk scalar field in the Randall-Sundrum brane model. Physical Review D 69 (2004) 044023.
94. Thermodynamics of partially confined Fermi gases at low temperature. Journal of Physics A 37 (2004) 3111-3124.
95. (With A. Knapman) Non-constant ground states for symmetry-breaking fields in brane world models. Physics Letters B 594 (2004) 213-217.
96. Ideal Fermi gases in harmonic oscillator potential traps. Annals of Physics(NY) 320 (2005) 487-520.
97. Statistical mechanics of an ideal Bose gas in a confined geometry. Journal of Physics A 39 (2006) 713-722.
98. ζ-function regularization of the effective action for a δ-function potential. Physics Letters B 632 (2006) 422-426.
99. Quantum gravity and charge renormalization. Physical Review D 76 (2007) 045015-1--045015-5.
100. Cosmological constant and quantum gravitational corrections to the running fine structure constant. Physical Review Letters 101 (2008) 131301-1--131301-4.
101. Low energy quantum gravity, the cosmological constant and gauge coupling constants. International Journal of Modern Physics D 17 (2008) 2447--2451.
102. Quantum gravity, gauge coupling constants, and the cosmological constant. Physical Review D 80 (2009) 064040.
103. (With P. T. Mackay) Quantum gravity and scalar fields. Physics Letters B 684 (2010) 251-255.
104. Quantum gravitational contributions to quantum electrodynamics. Nature 468 (2010) 56-59.
105. Quadratic divergences and quantum gravitational contributions to gauge coupling constants. Physical Review D 84 (2011) 084016.
106. Does gravity correct gauge couplings? [reply]. Nature 479 (2011) E6.
107. Renormalization and vacuum energy for an interacting scalar field in a delta-function potential. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 45 (2012) 374026.