The Sustainable Energy Systems Group (
We employ a synergistic combination of advanced experimental characterization and diagnostics together with multiphysics mathematical modeling, computer simulation, and additive manufacturing to understand the interplay between various transport and kinetic phenomena in sustainable energy systems.
Our research focuses on the fundamental understanding, efficient design, novel materials, recycling & re-use, and developing high-fidelity modeling and simulation tools for energy storage and energy conversion devices. For example, we have been working on real-time sensing for defect detections and investigating the transport and related phenomena in Li-ion batteries, proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs), anion exchange membrane fuel cells (AEMFCs), and flow batteries to achieve improved performance and design for vehicle and drone applications. For further information, see the research section.
We are always looking for talented graduate students and post-docs.
- October 2020 - Dr. Das has been invited by the Bangladesh Energy and Power Research Council (BEPRC) to join as a member of BEPRC Panel of Experts.
- September 2020 - Dr. Das will serve as Associate Editor for Frontiers in Energy Research - Fuel Cells.
- August 2020 - Dr. Das will lead a special issue of Energies on Advanced Energy Materials and Research as a Guest Editor.
- April 2020 - Dr. Das has been invited to serve as an Advisory Board Member of Challenges, MDPI, Switzerland.
- February 2020 - Our article on
Fabrication and Characterization of Tuneable Flow-Channel/Gas-Diffusion-Layer Interface for Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cellshas been publsihed at Journal of Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage.
- November 2019 - Dr. Das has been invited to serve as a Section Editor for Advanced Energy Materials of Energies, MDPI, Switzerland.