|Dave Burke||PhD Researcher, studying Significance-Driven Adaptive Approximate Computing|
|Shidharth Maheshwari||PhD Researcher, working on Embedded Genomics together with Dr Ian Wilson at Institute of Genetic Medicine|
|Ivan Shmarov||PhD Researcher, working on Power Infused AI Systems, together with Dr Pablo Docampo and Dr Thomas Billam from School of Physics and Mathematical Sciences, Newcastle University|
|Shengqi Yu||PhD Researcher, working on Power-adaptive and Survivable Non-volatile Circuit Design|
|Ibrahim Haddari||PhD Researcher, working on Power-adaptive AI Hardware Design|
|Devante Gray||PhD Researcher, working on Hardware/Software Co-sandboxing for Power-constrained IoT Applications, primarily supervised by Dr Maryam Mehrenezad at School of Computing, Newcastle University.|
|Jonathan Edwards||PhD Researcher, working on Predictable and Explainable AI Hardware, funded by LRF ICON.|
|Adrian Wheeldon||Research Associate, working on Pervasive AI Hardware|
|Dainius Jenkus||Research Assistant, working on Energy=efficient and Reliable Many-Core Systems|
|Thomas Bunnam||Research Associate (PT), working on Pervasive AI Hardware|
|Ali M. M. Aalsaud||PhD Researcher, studying Impact of Concurrent Workloads on Many-Core Systems|
Current MSc and Undergraduate Project Students
- Tousif Rahman is a Stage 3 MEng student. He is currently investigating hardware/software co-design for “Accelerated Genomic Assembly on FPGA” using OpenCL and Verilog.
- Jie Lei, recently graduated MSc Student working on PCB design for Pervasive AI Applications using the principle of Tsetlin Machines.
- Mohammed A. N. Al-hayanni was a PhD student (15-19) — currently working as an academic in Iraq.
- Issa Qiqieh was a PhD student (14-18) — currently working as an academic in Jordan.
- Francesco Mazzei was an MS intern — currently working in Manchester in an SME.
- Ms Ö. Zulal Tanrıvermiş was an Erasmus+ intern — currently studying further in Turkey.
- Matt Travers was an MEng student in 2015-2016 academic year — currently working in a finance investment company.
- Ahmed Khadim was an MSc student in 2015-2016 academic year — currently an academic of a university in Iraq.
- Joshua Da Costa was a Stage 3 BEng project student, who is currently working in banking sector.
- Harry Snell was a Stage 3 BEng project student — currently studying further.
- Dainius Jenkus was a Stage 3 BEng project student — currently studying for PhD in the lab.
- Joe Scott was a Stage 3 BEng project student — currently studying for PhD in Newcastle.
- Joel Holland was a Stage 3 BEng project student — currently studying for PhD in Newcastle.
- Danny Harris was a Stage 3 BEng student, who studied energy efficiency of multi-layered AI hardware.
- Luke Waller was a Stage 4 Industrial Intern, who studied temporal computing methods for AI hardware.
Prof Alex Yakovlev – Microelectronics Research Group, Newcastle University, UK.
Prof Alexander Romanovsky – Department of Computer Science, Newcastle University, UK.
Dr Maryam Mehrenezad, School of Computing, Newcastle University, UK
Dr Pablo Docampo, School of Engineering, Newcastle Uni., UK
Dr Thomas Billam, School of Maths, Physics and Statistics, Newcastle Uni., UK
Dr Fei Xia – Microelectronics Research Group, Newcastle University, UK.
Dr Ashur Rafiev – School of Computing Science, Newcastle University, UK.
Dr Ian Wilson – Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, UK.
Dr Thomas Ploetz – Department of Computer Science, Newcastle University, UK.
Prof. Bashir Al-Hashimi – School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK.
Dr Geoff Merrett – School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK.
Dr Amit Acharyya – IIT Hyderabad, India.
Dr Ioannis Sourdis, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden.
Prof Krishnendu Chakrabarty, Duke University, USA.
Prof Saeid Nooshabadi, MichiganTech, USA.
Prof Sandip Kundu, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA.
The lab collaborates with:
Dr Gerard Rauwerda, Flexaware, The Netherlands.
Dr Dwaipayan Biswas, IMEC, The Netherlands.
Dr Shidhartha Das, Arm, Cambridge, UK.
Dr Fahim Kawsar, Nokia Bell Labs Cambridge, UK.
Mr Jonathan Edwards, Temporal Computing, Newcastle, UK.
Back to HOME page.