Welcome to my website!
I am a lecturer in Applied Mathematics at Newcastle University.
School of Mathematics and Statistics
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU
My CV is available here.
My research concerns the dynamics of stellar interiors, including the solar interior. My main interests are:
- Transport of angular momentum and magnetic flux across the solar ‘tachocline’.
- Hall and electron MHD in neutron stars.
- Superfluidity and superconductivity.
- Chemical transport in stellar interiors by meridional flows and double-diffusive convection.
- Turbulent pumping of magnetic flux by anisotropic compressible convection.
- Dynamo action in laminar and turbulent flows.
- Applications of Lagrangian mechanics to thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
I am also interested in
- Anomalous, long-range transport of angular momentum by turbulence and wave breaking.
- Instabilities in magnetized shear flows.
- Stellar structure and evolution.
- Thermoelectric effects in crystals.
More information on my research can be found using the links at the top of the page.